First Central Credit Union has been serving the Waco
area since 1937, striving to provide the best financial
services for its members. In the beginning, First
Central was formed by 14 Southwestern Bell Telephone
employees in 1937 and was named Waco Telco Credit
Union. In 1977, Texas Power and Light employees joined
with Waco Telco. A few years later, in 1980, Brazos
Electric Co-op Credit Union merged with the group as
well. Membership has grown to include employees from
Dealers Electric, Davis Iron Works, and
many other local companies.
With its community charter, First Central offers
memberships to anyone who either lives or works in
McLennan County. In 2004, our field of membership
grew to include anyone who lives, works or worships
within 10 miles of our Hillsboro office, at 225 E. Franklin
Street. “We are growing and we hope to continue growing
by offering a full spectrum of financial services with a
commitment to service delivery that is second to none,”
states President Jo Betsy Tyler.
What started out with only 14 members has, more than
72 years later, become a credit union with more than
9,000 members and exceeds $47 million in assets.